Scope of This Notice
This Privacy Statement is intended to describe this web site’s privacy
practices and provide information about the choices you have regarding the ways
in which information collected by this web site is used and disclosed.
Commitment to Privacy
At the bilak.info web site, your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, We have provided this Statement explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal information is collected, used and disclosed.
This Privacy Statement applies to all information collected by or submitted to
bilak.info, including personal data. “Personal data” is data that can
be used to identify an individual.
Serving this Website and Creation of Server Logs
This web server logs your interaction with the site in something called a log
file. Standard web server log files contain basic information like which pages were viewed, at what time, information about the browser and operating system used, the “referring” website, and the IP address of the visitor.
We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in our server’s statistical reports.
We make no effort to identify IP addresses with individual visitors.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
Server logs are deleted after 7 days.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Sharing Your Personal Data
Unless you consent, bilak.info will never process or share the personal data you provide to us except as described below.
bilak.info may disclose your personal data to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- As required to provide service, and for e-mail housing (as a consequence of uses already described in this Privacy Statement). It is in the bilak.info page’s legitimate interest to provide all visitors an accurate record of data and content provided by the bilak.info page’s services, and to maintain the integrity of that data and content for historical, scientific, and research purposes. This data and content may include but is not limited to email, comments, photos, and other downloadable artifacts.
- As required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or agency action, or to prevent fraud).
- For research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe my services and is not used to contact the subjects of the report).
About Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites. bilak.info does not control the
information collection of sites that can be reached through links from
bilak.info. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked
sites, please contact these sites directly.
Your Rights and Choices in the EEA
Where the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 / 679 (“GDPR”) applies to
the processing of your personal data, especially when you access the website
from a country in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have the following
rights, subject to some limitations, against bilak.info:
- the right to access your personal data
- the right to rectify personal data we hold about you
- the right to have your personal data erased
- the right to restrict our use of your personal data
- the right to object to our use of your personal data
- the right to receive your personal data in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (also known as the right of data portability); and
- the right to file a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so by contacting
us via email. Please understand, however, the rights enumerated above are not
absolute in all cases.
Where the GDPR applies, you also have the right to withdraw any consent you
have given to uses of your personal data. If you wish to withdraw consent that
you have previously provided to bilak.info, please contact us. However,
the withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on
consent before its withdrawal.
How to Access, Modify or Update Your Information
Contact us if you wish to remove your personal data from the bilak.info website.
Other locations outside of bilak.info where you may have used your personal data
as an identifier (e. g. Google+ posts, GitHub comments, list postings in email
list archives) will not be altered.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
bilak.info reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement from
time to time. If I do make changes, the revised Privacy Statement will be
posted on the main project’s website.
This Privacy Statement was last amended on May 30, 2018.