A brief and entertaining talk by an obviously excited presenter. 🙂 It goes into the same directions as Jim Weirich’s talk about the Y combinator.
Wenn jemand einen Vortrag braucht, der für schlechte Laune sorgt, kann ich diesen empfehlen:
This is an awesome talk that compares software to music and explores why 400+-year-old music can still be played … in different keys … on a variety of instruments … etc.
These are my favorite talks from the 31C3 so far. 😀
His arguments are that
- Anything that can be compiled can be compiled into asm.js
- Asm.js has basically become the universal runtime
All this lead to interesting consequences
- Nobody uses binaries any more, everything is asm.js
- The windowing systems of old have been ported to the DOM
- Deployments are as simple as a push
- Overall developer happiness has increased
Very entertaining talk about some of Ruby‘s quirks. 😀
A very profound interview.
VICE talks about why people fear/hate the police more and more, how the militarization of police and the increased use of force are signs that feedback loops are set up to make things worse. 🙁