If you find yourself writing Shell scripts have a look at Google’s awesome style guide.
- the role of intuition in decision making
- the power in being free to make mistakes or how modern risk aversity produces mistakes
- the psychology of playing at the top
- how chess is a unique platform to explore the intersection of something we’re good at and the machines are bad at and vice versa (i.e. raw computing power and human intuition)
- the feeling of playing against human, machines or both in combination
- and a bit of Russian politics.
Douglas Merrill from Google talks about what it takes to build a search engine for the web.
Besides that what strikes me as interesting is their choice of languages “focusing” (he didn’t exactly say that, but it’s what you understand, when he says they won a prize for it) their efforts in machine translation on: Arabic and Chinese … o.O
So transliterating the word from the article “Chaebol” to “채볼” failed. So I searched Wikipedia for “Chaebol” at the top it said “Jaebol”. o.O So I tried “재볼” and failed again. By that time I looked in the Languages section on the Wikipedia page and learned that it was actually written “재벌“.