I tried to build a service monitor having the following features:
- showing the reachability of HTTP servers
- plotting the amount of messages in a specific RabbitMQ queue
- plotting the amount of queues with specific prefixes
- showing the status of RabbitMQ queues i.e. how many messages are in there? are there any consumers? are they hung?
- showing the availability of certain Redis clients
Well, you can find the result on GitHub.
It uses two things I published before: polymer-flot and flot-sparklines. 😀
An example dashboard:
After wrapping Flot for Polymer I needed an element that would present a sparklines style graph.
I made one and put it into a Gist along with a demo on how to use it.
I was playing with Polymer at work, building a service monitor with it. At some point I needed charts and Flot seemed to be the simplest solution.
So after a little work I managed to wrap Flot for Polymer (on GitHub). ?