In my work – every now and then – I found myself in need of a browser with reduced security checks (mainly to gloss over cross domain XMLHttpRequests and SSL certificate violations) for testing purposes. I didn’t want to take the risk and use my main browser session with these settings, so I made me a script (also available as a Gist). 🙂
If you use oh my ZSH you can save this file in ~/.oh-my-zsh/custom/plugins/chrome-unsafe/chrome-unsafe.plugin.zsh and add “chrome-unsafe” to your list of used plugins in
I was using ZSH for quite a while now instead of Bash. But thanks to Ryan Bates’ screencast about Oh My ZSH I finally came around to properly configure it and use it to its full potential.
I immediately created my own theme and was able to extract custom plugins out of my previous configuration. One of them might even end up in a pull request. 🙂 I used the custom plugins mechanism to split up and spread my configurations across all of my machines. So now I have a consistent set of configurations and I can activate them individually according to each machine’s purpose (i.e. no need for KDE specific settings on a server 😉 ).
A nice productivity and consistency boost. 😀